GHS is currently seeking candidates for a Full-Time Deputy Director
and a Part-Time Kennel Technician
The Gastineau Humane Society (GHS) is seeking candidates for a Deputy Director. For full description and details, please click on document or download link to the right.
This position is located in Juneau, Alaska and reports directly to the Executive Director. The position manages day to day shelter operations and oversees the work of approximately 22 people. The position directly supervises five full time staff including the Kennel Supervisor, Clinic Director, Animal Control Director, Administrative Manager, and Maintenance Technician.
Under minimal supervision, the Deputy Director manages shelter staff, programs, and physical facilities and ensures the humane treatment of sheltered animals.
1. Ensure that standard operating procedures are updated, documented and followed.
2. Work closely with all department supervisors to integrate departments and programs within the shelter.
3. Oversee humane animal care, intake and adoption of animals.
4. Ensure the safety, sanitation, and upkeep of the facility.
5. Prepare operational reports.
6. Serve as the on-site spokesperson to the public, and educate the public about responsible pet ownership and animal regulations and laws.
7. Manage all GHS staff directly or in coordination with supervisory staff.
8. Administer/oversee day to day shelter operations.
9. Oversee all organizational departments, activities and staff responsible for them (i.e., kennel, customer service, clinic, and animal control).
10. Periodically review all policies, plans and programs for potential improvement and efficiencies.
11. Recruit, hire, train, orient, and if necessary, terminate staff directly supervised.
12. Assist supervisors/staff as necessary to resolve sensitive issues and problems.
Deputy Director applications must be received by 5 PM Alaska time February 19th, 2018.
Employment disclaimer: This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.